This is very important, so please read all the information within.
Regional Storyteller is one of the most difficult jobs within our organization, and I would like to thank Mr. Sternenberg for his time as RST.
At this time, I am making an all call for the position of South Central Regional Storyteller.
Please email your applications to the US ANST Admin (email@example.com), and the US NST (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Applications will be accepted for the position for the next two weeks, until 6/1/2014 at midnight, Sunday Night, Central Time.
The RST possesses the following duties, responsibilities, and authority to the region’s members and to other storytellers:
- Establish chronicle continuity and history within the parameters defined by supervising storytellers
- Act as mentor to, and assist members with, character creation, learning game rules and addenda, and becoming familiar with the chronicle setting
- Sanction characters for participation in the global sanctioned chronicle
- Enact immediate corrective action as described in Chapter 7 of the Membership Handbook when necessary
- Recommend prestige from prestige budget to members assisting with officer duties
- Maintain the official record of character sheets, including complete experience point logs, for all characters for which they are the Direct Storyteller
- Create and implement suitable plotlines
- Create and introduce appropriate NPCs
- The Storyteller may portray these characters or assign members to portray them.
- Run games, downtime scenes, and proxies within the parameters defined by supervising storytellers
- Award experience points/traits to characters
- Conduct investigations for game-related issues and enact Storyteller-based disciplinary actions (See Disciplinary Action).
- Conduct pre-game player and character sheet check-in for both local and visiting characters for venues, games, and special events under their direct jurisdiction to ensure the characters conform to the VSS and are suitable for the game
- File a monthly status report to their supervising Storyteller (See Reports and Reporting)
- Facilitate conflict resolution between players for in-game issues (See Conflict Resolution)
- Create and/or conduct regular reviews of Venue Style Sheets (VSS) for venues, games and special events under their direct jurisdiction
- Clarify or adjust the storytelling jurisdiction of any Storyteller below them in their chain, whether as an assistant or elected, to prevent conflicts of jurisdiction between Storytellers
- Modify or veto plotlines within their jurisdiction
- Require a player to provide full character sheet, experience trait log, and character background
- Interpret rules for scenes and make other necessary storytelling decisions
- Freeze a scene or characters within their jurisdiction
- Assume storytelling jurisdiction for a character, plotline, NPC, item, or investigation
- May deliver disciplinary actions up to a severe offense after conducting an investigation, recommend prestige for DSTs, and review open items pending High approval according to sanctioned rules.
- Required responsibilities – File an on-time monthly report in the format determined by the NST, review open items pending High approval according to sanctioned rules, run any plot kits and/or settings changes required by the storyteller chain, hold at least one ST meeting or regional education session in the month, manage cross-venue out-of-game character actions within jurisdiction, and recommend prestige for the DSTs.
- Prestige budget – Prestige budgets are confirmed by the NC
- 0-200 members – 200
- 200-400 members – 250
- 400+ members – 300
Per the Membership Handbook, the minimum qualifications for RST are:
- Completed Membership and Storyteller Standard (Ordeal/Test), or a stated intention to complete within thirty days.
- Membership in the club for the previous calendar year.
- One year storytelling experience as a primary officer or a titled assistant.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative role for one year.
Per the Membership Handbook, applications will require the following information to be included:
- Identification: Name, Membership Number
- Contact Information: Email, Phone Number – (Phone number will be redacted when distributed to the electorate)
- Objective: A sentence or two describing what your goals during your term of office.
- Plan of Action: A paragraph or two detailing how you intend to accomplish the goals stated in your objective.
- Experience: A resume of positions held within Mind’s Eye Society as well as any relevant Non-Club Experience. Applicants must describe how they meet the minimum criteria for the position as described in the chart below.
- Disciplinary Actions: Please see the Full Disclosure Policy below and the Disciplinary Action Section of the Membership Handbook for more information.
- A statement asserting that the applicant is a paid member of MES
Please – ALL DST’s and Independent VST’s over the next two weeks you will be added to the RST Election List. If you are not added by Monday the 2nd, I need you to contact me, so I can have you added. If you do not contact me, you will not be added and therefore cannot ask questions of the candidates, review the questions and answers from the other ST’s and candidates, and therefore vote for the candidates of your choice.
The Q&A portion of this process will begin on Monday, June 2nd, 2014 and run for 2 weeks, completing on Sunday, June 15th, at midnight.
After that Q&A period, we will have the Voting period, which will last 2 weeks, ending at midnight, Sunday, June 29th – I will release the results within 48 hours of the vote completion.
Thank you, and good luck!
US ANST Admin